Monday, January 28, 2013

"You're Amazing. . . "

Today was a good day. . . I feel worn down, tired, and a tad bit angry.  And, as I think back about my day, I try to put my finger on why. . . Too often, we believe the negative easily, and the positive we brush off.  We spoke today in Sociology about "positive" versus "negative sanctions".  We are easily swayed by negativity.  As I look back over my day, I realize how much I have to be happy about, and it boosts my spirits.  I need to do this more often.  So, here is my positive list for the day:

Got to go to First Watch friday with friends for a department meeting. 
Jerry is coming on Thursday to revamp the old kitchen, so I don't have to do it. 
70 degree weather when I get home, and the kids out running in it. 
Try the software for Air Server, and it worked as described.
Kicked butt teaching Progressivism today.
Set up a teleconference about online learning and textbooks.
Received a $14 rebate debit card in the mail.
Fixed the stroller my wife busted, and expected to be busted for good.  In seconds.
Made my kids a play bow to hunt for dinner with. 

In the words of Ice Cube, "Today was a good day".  Remember the positive when the world comes crashing down.  You are great, and you make a difference.  Thanks for reading this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment